Sterling has built a reputation for delivering projects on-time and on-budget with a strong focus on being a safety driven culture. We demand the same from our suppliers and expect to see that strength through data.
Commitment to Supplier Diversity
Sterling is committed to creating a more diverse, inclusive, innovative culture – one that starts with our workforce and extends throughout every aspect of our business. Our supplier diversity program plays an important role in our strategy by connecting us to small and diverse businesses. We continue to build a supply base that reflects our company values and appreciate how local diverse suppliers help contribute to the economic growth and well-being of the communities where we live and work.
Through our supplier diversity program, we aim to build strong, collaborative relationships with forward-thinking suppliers who share our vision and approach to business. Sterling recognizes the effort required to identify opportunities, execute beyond expectations, and expand. By working with diverse companies and sharing the opportunity to grow, we pave the way for sustainable business relationships. Growth stimulates local economies, strengthens partnerships within the communities and allows us to better serve our customers. Working together we can leverage and improve our capabilities, build stronger businesses, and create a long-term partnerships between our companies.
Sterling works with customers in the Power Utility, Oil & Gas, Renewables, and Civil construction markets that recognize suppliers in the following categories:
- 8(a) Certified Business
- Alaskan Native Corporations (ANC)
- Indian Economic Enterprise (IEE)
- Native Hawaiian Organization (NHO)
- Disability-Owned Business Enterprise (DOBE)
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE)
- Hub-Zone Small Business (HUBZone)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning, Intersex (LGBTQI)
- Minority Business Enterprise (MBE)
- Service-Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (SDVBE, SD-VOSB)
- Small Business (SB)
- Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB)
- Women Business Enterprise (WBE, WOSB)
- Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE, VOSB)
Where we Spend
Sterling provides diverse suppliers and contractors the opportunity to participate in our competitive bidding and procurement processes.
- Civil Construction
- Land Clearing
- SWPPP Management
- Environmental Controls
- Matting Installation/Removal
- Site Restoration
- Material Supply
- Project Management & Auditing
- Freight & Transportation
In addition to leveraging our partners core areas of expertise, where appropriate, Sterling will mentor partners to extend their capabilities in targeted construction and professional service categories.