Incoming Quality Inspector
JOB SUMMARY: The Incoming Quality Inspector is an important role within the Sterling CLT manufacturing group and is responsible for incoming inspection, and in-process monitoring of lumber and raw materials associated with the manufacture of CLT. Statistical analysis, report writing, and documentation of inspection results are key elements of this position.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Inspect all incoming CLT-SYP lumber for the following attributes and dimensions:
- Correct packaging and pack sizing
- Moisture content of the lumber
- Correct dimensions
- In-process monitoring:
- Material is properly stored (location and dunnage)
- Monitor lumber moisture contents
- Monitor hall and facility humidity
- Pre-checks of material selected for daily use
- Maintain documented records (by Supplier and Mill) of incoming inspections testing and results.
- Analysis (SPC) of incoming inspection data for raw materials.
- Timely dissemination of incoming inspection results to buyer and to CLT Mgmt.
- Make recommendations for changes to inspection levels.
- Sample gathering for incoming inspection of adhesives for testing.
- Quarantine (identification) of all “pre-tested” or non-qualifying material.
- Participates in projects as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Understanding of SPC in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System or Lean Manufacturing
- Tacit knowledge and prior implementation of Visual Factory processes.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving ability.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a high volume high automation manufacturing environment.
- SPC specific training required, Engineering or Manufacturing related degree preferred
- Experience in 5S and Lean manufacturing (Toyota Production System) and formalized problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
Sterling Site Access Solutions is a EEO/AAP employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org