Incoming Quality Inspector
JOB SUMMARY: The Incoming Quality Inspector is an important role within the Sterling CLT manufacturing group and is responsible for incoming inspection, and in-process monitoring of lumber and raw materials associated with the manufacture of CLT. Statistical analysis, report writing, and documentation of inspection results are key elements of this position.
DIRECT REPORTS: None
- Inspect all incoming CLT-SYP lumber for the following attributes and dimensions:
- Correct packaging and pack sizing
- Moisture content of the lumber
- Correct dimensions
- In-process monitoring:
- Material is properly stored (location and dunnage)
- Monitor lumber moisture contents
- Monitor hall and facility humidity
- Pre-checks of material selected for daily use
- Maintain documented records (by Supplier and Mill) of incoming inspections testing and results.
- Analysis (SPC) of incoming inspection data for raw materials.
- Timely dissemination of incoming inspection results to buyer and to CLT Mgmt.
- Make recommendations for changes to inspection levels.
- Sample gathering for incoming inspection of adhesives for testing.
- Quarantine (identification) of all “pre-tested” or non-qualifying material.
- Participates in projects as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Understanding of SPC in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System or Lean Manufacturing
- Tacit knowledge and prior implementation of Visual Factory processes.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving ability.
- At least 3 years of progressive experience in a high volume high automation manufacturing environment.
- SPC specific training required, Engineering or Manufacturing related degree preferred
- Experience in 5S and Lean manufacturing (Toyota Production System) and formalized problem solving
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org