Website Sterling Lumber
Responsible for the cost-effective procurement, inventorying, storage and tracking of all maintenance and facilities related parts and supplies. This position is equally responsible for all data entry, data maintenance, inventory and work order generation associated with the companies CMMS. This function plays a key role and contributor to a successful PM and parts stocking program in order to achieve maximum uptime and timely repair of all production and equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Purchase all replacement and spare parts and supplies for the operations teams(s) in a systematic and cost-effective manner.
- Establish relationships with strategic suppliers of parts and services.
- Assist the Manager in the development and maintain efficient and orderly stores o, all spare parts and supplies.
- Maintain an accurate cost perpetual inventory of all spare parts.
- Learn and serve as a “deep user” of the company CMMS program software and support the TPM process by performing;
- Master item set-ups.
- Update system for all activity: receipts, issuance, w/o generation, w/o completion.
- Guide and develop maintenance staff in the use and functionality of the CMMS.
- Organization of inventory (parts, supplies, tools) to ensure optimum efficiency of the work force.
- Prepare reports and graphs as required by the Maintenance Manager for the effective communication and tracking of key metrics.
- Participates in projects as requested by management.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- At least 3-5 years of progressive experience in a high volume high automation manufacturing environment.
- CMMS experience (Microsoft Navision a plus).
- Experience in 5S, Lean Manufacturing or Toyota Production System (CMRP or TPM certification or interest in becoming certified is a plus).
- Working knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems and vocabulary.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org