The PROJECT MANAGER shall assume accountability for all assigned essential functions and responsibilities under the direction of the assigned Regional General Manager, and through collaboration with the Project Administrator. The primary responsibility of the position is to be an advocate for the company while protecting the interests of the Company.
The Project Manager shall provide value to the customer by ensuring their project is estimated accurately (when applicable), executed on-time, within budget, and according to the terms of the contract. He/she shall interface directly with customer personnel (both field and management) to ensure their expectations are understood and constantly being met throughout the course of the project; as well as to build the long-term relationship between Sterling and the customer. While the Project Manager is often involved in estimating their projects, he/she shall also lead the Order Fulfillment Phase of assigned projects by tracking, monitoring and managing all facets of project from Receipt of a Customer PO through Project Completion. He/she shall monitor and control all project costs and assume point responsibility for timely and accurate management of Accounts Receivable related to his/her projects.
To be successful, the employee shall assume a sense of “ownership” for each of their assigned projects and manage multiple projects simultaneously. He/she shall exercise sound judgement and decision-making in all project matters, while keeping the customer and internal stakeholders properly informed of the on-going status of the project. He/she shall adhere to all applicable policies & procedures and be keenly aware of their fiduciary responsibilities to the project. Ultimately, the Project Manager shall lead by example consistently demonstrating courteous, professional, timely, efficient and effective services to all internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Consistently demonstrate commitment and support for the Sterling Vision and Mission, policies and procedures.
- Pursue Continuous Improvement activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Assume other responsibilities and complete tasks as assigned to meet the on-going needs of the organization.
- Assume the Essential Functions & Responsibilities of an Estimator (HR-DOC-010 Estimator.docx) when required.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the ECS Project File.
- Initiate and oversee the NAV New Customer and/or New Vendor creation process when applicable.
- Review the Customer Contract in detail and send to CFO for approval. Follow-through to completion.
- Adhere to all applicable requirements of the Delegation of Authority (Operations)
- Review and approve all Supplier and Sub-Contractor PO’s.
- Export B2W Estimates to B2W Track (cost tracking) and NAV / Project Pro (revenue tracking)
- Complete an Order Form (CS-FORM-002)with all required project information.
EXECUTION & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
- Maintain direct oversite of assigned projects from Receipt of Order through Project Completion.
- Coordinate with the field Construction Management Team to ensure flawless project execution.
- Ensure execution according to Customer Expectations, the Contract, Schedule and Cost Estimate.
- Maintain an accurate Project Schedule – track progress and report on milestones, budgets and deliverables.
- Maintain accurate project revenue in NAV / Project Pro and project costing in Manage and control all costs according to the approved Cost Estimate.
- Maintain accurate project files and records (hard-copy and electronic).
- Conduct periodic Site Visits and Audits, as required to verify quality and compliance.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Maintain Contact Management data in NAV.
- Maintain regular and timely communication with the Customer and Sterling One Team.
- Review & approve B2W Daily Field Logs by 9:00 a.m. each morning.
- Maintain Project Activity Log noting key decisions and critical developments.
- Manage Change Orders – identification, evaluation & processing
- Review & approve Vendors and Sub-Contractor Invoices.
- Forecast monthly billing.
- Take the lead in carefully preparing accurate monthly project billing in support of Accounts Receivable.
- Ensure all project documentation is processed according to the policy and procedure.
- Notify Customer of Project Completion
- Prepare and distribute a wide-range of project-related reports.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, CERTIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Construction Management, or similar field, plus a minimum of 3+ years Construction / Project Management experience required.
- In lieu of the above degree, a minimum of 10+ years Construction / Project Management experience is required.
- OSHA 30 preferred but will train.
- CPR/ First Aid preferred but will train.
- Must possess valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
To apply for this job email your details to Antonio.Gonzalez@sterlingsolutions.com