Since 1949 three generations of my family have persevered through economic downturns, suffered commodity cycles, and even weathered a few epidemics. And while the COVID-19 pandemic and the response to it is new territory for all of us, I am certain that the lessons learned from our first 70 years will provide guidance allowing us to serve our customers for the next 70 – and beyond.
Here are some key points I want our partners to know about Sterling during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- We are intensely focused on the safety and wellbeing of our employees, our customers, and our surrounding communities.
- We are currently operating within the guidelines of our corporate Pandemic Plan as well as the latest guidelines set forth by local government, the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- We are open for business until we feel our teams are in harm’s way or until a government entity forces us to close. We are passionate about serving our customers.
- More than 75% of our workforce is working from home and the balance is practicing proper social distancing.
- Our employees and field teams are geared up with proper PPE to ensure safety while completing our work onsite.
Managing a business through this pandemic and economic crisis will not be easy, it clearly will not be fun; but if managed with integrity and discipline, it is providing us the opportunity to obtain a sense of accomplishment that can only come with conquering a once in a lifetime challenge. Please know that even in these challenging times, we will continue to meet your site access needs with the goal of providing world-class customer service.
Thank you for being a Sterling partner. We stand with you as we all navigate whatever the coming weeks and months will bring.
Chief Executive Officer