The Sterling manufacturing facility, located in Phoenix, Illinois, recently participated in the PFS-TECO Building Products Division’s audit. Sterling underwent rigorous testing and technical evaluations of TerraLam cross-laminated timber (CLT) site access mats, its manufacturing process, and the end product’s consistency. As a result, we are proud to announce that Sterling has attained PFS Factory Production Control (FPC) certification.
This certification is based on completing the following:
- PFS-TECO performed laboratory testing and technical evaluations of TerraLam 300 and TerraLam 500 CLT mats to confirm conformance with the requirements of the program and the applicable standards and requirements
- We passed their initial assessment and qualification of our quality system to ensure effectiveness for verifying consistent production control
- PFS-TECO performed audits at the Sterling Phoenix, IL facility to confirm that products consistently conformed with the Certified Product design
To maintain certification, we will participate in the following processes defined by PFS-TECO:
- Product retesting at specified intervals to confirm ongoing conformity with product requirements
- Surveillance of our quality system at specified intervals
“Sterling has always taken the position that the performance and quality of TerraLam distinguish them from the traditional hardwood mats. The engineered design and state-of-the-art manufacturing process provide consistent quality, engineered performance, and an added level of safety for workers and equipment on jobsites,” says Carter Sterling, CEO of Sterling.
“FPC certification validates our claim, and our customers can rest assured that we stand behind the quality of every single mat that we produce. At this time, no other CLT access mat carries this certification.”
We will soon begin the process of certifying our Lufkin, Texas manufacturing facility, where we produce TerraLam 300 and TerraLam 700 CLT mats to the same exacting standards as our Phoenix facility.