JOB SUMMARY: Responsible to lead, guide, and continuously improve the CLT operations. This is a high visibility challenging position and an important role in the company’s growth and manufacturing strategy. Safety, product quality, productivity, manpower, and machinery performance are among the critical metrics for this position. Core competencies include: leadership, technical ability, formalized problem solving, process improvement and optimization (5 Why, PDCA, DMAIC, other).
DIRECT REPORTS: (Current State)
Position Leads a staff of 20+ skilled and semi-skilled hourly manufacturing personnel in a highly automated environment.
- Leadership and guidance of daily activities of the Cross Laminated Timber hourly staff.
- Development (training) of hourly personnel to meet requirements of, and improve the operation using the following required processes:
- Formal CLT Classification guidelines (CLT-I, II, III, IV)
- Periodic (2 times per year) written evaluations reviewed with employee
- Participate in the creation and execution of the company’s JSA initiative via shift start tools box talks and daily audits to ensure compliance:
- Standard Work
- Safe work practices, PPE use, work techniques to avoid injury/exposure
- Oversee verification of quality checks to ensure critical to quality characteristics (CTQ’s) and key process indicators (KPI’s) fall within the CLT Specifications and operating guidelines
- Perform root cause analysis on product/equipment/human failure (problems) and put in place countermeasures to eliminate or minimize future occurrence utilizing a team approach (as guided by the Manufacturing Engineering Manager).
- Supports and drives our 5S Visual factory efforts by maintaining organization of parts, supplies, tools, to ensure optimum efficiency of the work force.
- Track and report shift production activity daily with a focus on overall productivity and % defective goals.
- Sharing (informally or documented) of ALL knowledge and “lessons learned” with other shift associates.
- Complies with and is an advocate of the company’s Environmental Policy and Procedures.
- Participates in projects as requested by management
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of Toyota Production System or Lean Manufacturing
- Tacit knowledge and implementation of Visual processes to control operations.
- Leads by example so as to create a challenging, empowering, and collaborative working environment.
- Good technical writing, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Excellent analytical problem solving ability.
- At least 3-5 years progressive leadership experience in a high volume high automation manufacturing environment.
- High School or GDP required, manufacturing related degree preferred
- Experience in 5S and Lean manufacturing (Toyota Production System) and formalized problem solving
- Core understanding of hydraulics, electrical, mechanical systems including PLC control and adjustable frequency drives (A/C motor control).
- Computer literate and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Ability to demonstrate solid written and oral communication skills. (Bi-lingual English-Spanish a definite plus)
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org